Did you know that most of the fibers that are produced globally are made from non-renewable resources? In this webinar we will elaborate on the role of the textile and fashion industry within bioeconomy. Moreover, you will learn more about the universe of natural fibers. What kind of natural resources are applied? How can fiber production be sustainable? And what does this mean for me as a consumer? During a lively discussion, you will be able to engage with leading experts of the textile- and fashion industry and ask them, what you always wanted to know.
AGENDA – June 17th at 16:00-17:00 CET
- Introduction into the great variety of fibers
- Cornelia Voß, Expert on Textiles at Wissenschaftsladen Bonn, Germany
- Fibers made from wood – our position in the circular and bio-based economy
- Waltraud Kaserer, Director Strategic Partnerships and Public Affairs, Lenzing AG, Austria
- Is it possible to combine Fashion & Sustainability? How to achieve a more conscious wardrobe.
- Elin Larsson, Program Director RE:Source, Sweden
- Q&A Session
This webinar is organized by the Ecosocial Forum Austria & Europe and Wissenschaftsladen Bonn (the Austrian and German hub) in collaboration with Vetenskap & Allmänhet, VA of the Nordic hub. It will be held in English. Registration is free of charge.
Further information and registration can be found here
Questions about textiles, fashion and bioeconomy? Don´t hesitate and send them to us! We will post them into our Dialogue Zone where you will be able to participate with your contributions. Please stay updated and visit the Dialogue Zone.