We are very pleased to invite you to the International Scientific Conference “Sustainable Bioeconomy Development 2020: From Thinking Globally to Acting Locally” that will be held virtually on 25 June 2020.
The conference is organized by the Faculty of Bioeconomy Development of Vytautas Magnus University Agriculture Academy and the Faculty of Economics and Social Development of Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies.
The conference is dedicated to interdisciplinary scientific discussions and new ideas related to the following topics:
- Sustainability as a Key for Bioeconomy Challenges;
- Bioeconomy for Rural Development;
- Innovation to Investments, Markets and the Bio-Based Sector.
Within this conference, consortium of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region project “BalticBiomass4Value” is organising a panel discussion “Bioeconomy: Seizing the Opportunity for Rural Areas” that will be held from 9:40 AM to 11:00 AM (Lithuanian time).
Themes of the discussion:
- Actions for developing sustainable bioeconomy in the Baltic States and other parts of the Baltic Sea Region, similarities and differences in applied approaches;
- Business model innovation for sustainable bio-based business development and what environment is needed that they would flourish;
- Role of rural areas in the equation of sustainable bioeconomy development, what benefits they may expect.
Panel discussion participants:
- Dalia Miniataitė, Chief Adviser of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania (Lithuania);
- Irina Pilvere, Rector of the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (Latvia);
- Argo Peepson, Adviser of the Research and Development Department at the Ministry of Rural Affairs of the Republic of Estonia (Estonia);
- Henrik Barth, Researcher of the School of Business, Engineering and Science at Halmstad University(Sweden);
- Sascha Hermus, Project Manager at the 3N Lower Saxony Network for Renewable Resources and Bioeconomy (Germany).
Discussion will be moderated by Virginija Kargytė, Coordinator of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region project “BalticBiomass4Value” and Vice President of the Lithuanian Biotechnology Association (Lithuania).
Please register by filling in online form. For oral presentations, registration is open until 31 May 2020.
Papers that fulfil the requirements can be published in the scientific journal “Management Theory and Studies for Rural Business and Infrastructure Development”.