POWER4BIO webinar series: Bio-based materials
Training Webinar 2: Biomaterials: financing, supporting policies, good practice cases
Friday, January 22; 9:30 – 11:30 CET
In January, POWER4BIO is organising a training webinar series about bio-based materials. In two thematic training webinars, experts from the POWER4BIO consortium, related bioeconomy projects, companies from the bio-based industrial sector, research institutes and international agencies will give insights about the current status of bio-based materials at EU level, innovative practices and keys for successful business cases, value chains, sustainability, funding opportunities and supporting policies. All webinars are free of charge and open to everyone.
In the second POWER4BIO training webinar on bio-based materials, we will tackle the needs, limitations and opportunities of policy instruments for bio-based materials. We will take a closer look to policy instruments that facilitate and set requirements to the development of potential value chains. We will also present results and good policy examples from task 4.2 of the POWER4BIO project: public policies and regulation to support bio-based business models at regional level. We will also take practical aspects to implement financial Instruments into account and present further good practice cases.
• Luigi Amati (META Group): How to finance biomaterials and their value chains using European Structural and Investment Funds
• Berien Elbersen (Wageningen Environmental Research): Supporting policies for bioeconomy – focus on biomaterials
• Filip Miketa (Bio-mi Ltd.): Biomaterials success stories: from R&D to production of bio-based and compostable plastics and products
• Gianluca Belotti (Mogu S.l.r.): Biofabrication success story: mycelium based materials for different purposes
• Jan Palmaers (EXIE – Experts in Healthy Houses): Nature is the best insulator – company presentation
For more information, please visit our news entry about the webinar series.
If any questions remain, please feel free to contact our colleagues at Bay Zoltan Nonprofit Ltd.