The Knowledge Centre for Bioeconomy has just published the report Exploring Foresight Scenarios for the EU Bioeconomy, based on the analysis of the insights gathered during the multistakeholder Scenario Exploration System workshops held between 2022 and 2023.
The exercise resulted in policy recommendations for a sustainable bioeconomy that could contribute to the update of the EU bioeconomy strategy, to be developed during 2024.
The policy recommendations include
- a consistent policy framework
- cross-stakeholder collaboration
- local engagement
- involvement of consumers in decision-making, and
- learning and development opportunities.
Other useful links:
- News item about the report
- Future transitions for the Bioeconomy towards Sustainable Development and a Climate-Neutral Economy – Foresight Scenarios for the EU bioeconomy in 2050 https://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/handle/JRC123532
- EU bioeconomy strategy https://knowledge4policy.ec.europa.eu/bioeconomy/bioeconomy-strategy_en
- The European Commission Competence Centre on Foresight