The role of Bioeconomy in the Italian initiative “RiGenerazione Scuola” – Involving and educating the new generations
The Round Table about the role of Bioeconomy in the context of the Green Transition will be held on the 15th of February, from 11:30 to 13:00. The event is organized by Sen. Floridia, Under Secretary of Education with delegation to Ecological Transition in Schools, in collaboration with the European funded project Transition2Bio.
The main focus will be on the importance of involving and educating the new generations within this transition process, in light of promoting a systemic change towards a more sustainable lifestyle.
The live streaming of the event will be available in Italian from the Chamber of Deputies.
An English version of the event will be available in the @biovoices social media channels after the live event.
The Round Table involves:
- Francesco D’Uva – Commissioner at the Italian Chamber of Deputies
- Barbara Floridia – Under Secretary of Education with delegation to Ecological Transition in Schools
- Roman Brenne – Policy Officer, DG RTD, European Commission, Bioeconomy and Food safety Unit (remote connection)
- Fabio Fava – University of Bologna and “National Coordination Group for Bioeconomy”, CNBBSV, Presidency of the Italian Council of Ministers
- Chiara Pocaterra – APRE, Project Coordinator of BIOVOICES and Transition2Bio
- Susanna Albertini – FVA, European Bioeconomy Network, BIObec, LIFT
- Simona Di Matteo – Headmaster of Istituto Comprensivo Guicciardini, Rome. Bioeconomy at school pilot (primary school)
- Nicola Tasco – President of Lazio Innova, Startupper School Academy (secondary school)
After the Round Table, the BioArt Gallery Exhibition will be open to the public until the 17th of February, raising awareness on the Circular Bioeconomy through pictures, biobased products and practical examples in different everyday life application fields.
Both the Round Table and the BioArt Exhibition will be held at the Italian Chamber of Deputies (Camera dei Deputati), Complesso di Vicolo Valdina, Sala del Cenacolo, Piazza in Campo Marzio 42, Rome.
The Round Table is open to the public and can accomodate max. 15 people (due to Covid-19 restrictions): to proceed with registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BioArt Gallery Exhibition (open to public) opening hours:
- 15th of February from 14.00 to 19.00
- 16th of February from 11.00 to 19.00
- 17th of February from 11.00 to 15.00
Access to the Sala del Cenacolo is allowed only prior exhibition of “Green Pass rafforzato”. It is mandatory to wear the protective mask (FFP2).