This project ends on: 31/01/2026
Concise Consumer Communication through Robust Labels for Bio-based Systems
The aim of the 3-CO project is to develop and demonstrate viability of a supportive framework for Label and Certification Schemes (LCS) on Business-to-Consumers (B2C) communication for industrial bio-based products (BBPs) that enables and supports consumers to make more sustainable buying choices.
The supportive framework will consist of actionable guidelines for LCS owners that reflect consumers’ and other stakeholders’ needs, digital solutions to support better-informed decision-making processes of consumers as well as policy recommendations on deploying social measures.
In terms of approach, 3-CO will
- assess the LCS and metrics in the bioeconomy,
- iteratively engage consumers to understand their decision-making processes and motivation towards sustainability consumption, and needs and requirements towards future labelling of BBPs,
- co-develop smart digital solutions for consumers to support their behavioural change towards responsible consumption,
- assess measures for social engagement/innovation supporting consumers, industry and public bodies to switch towards socially and environmentally responsible behaviour, and
- create guidelines for the design of labels for BBPs for owners of environmental labelling and information systems, public authorities and industry designers.
The project aims to improve the sustainability performance and competitiveness in the bio-based systems.
Impact of the 3-CO project will include
- improved transparency of BBP value chains and information to consumers and public authorities through digital solutions,
- support of environmentally responsible decision-making through LCS,
- improved understanding of metrics on environmental, societal and economic value generated by BBPs, and as a wider impact
- innovative governance models.
3-CO will help to increase the market share of sustainable, circular BBPs, influencing the business of companies that make and offer these.
Kaisa Vehmas: email@example.com
website: not available